Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

EXODUS' Gary Holt Is NOT Interested In Joining SLAYER Full Time - Statement Available!


Recently, Kerry King stated that Gary Holt from EXODUS, who has been the TEMPORARY replacement for Jeff Hanneman ever since the SLAYER guitarist contrived an acute infection known as necrotizing fasciitis (usually caused by a spider bite) over two years ago, might remain in the band for good! Here is what KFK said about this:

"I think Gary is in for the long haul. I haven’t really discussed it with him. But he keeps his schedule free when he knows we’re on tour… If Jeff all of a sudden came back in June, we would probably pay Gary for freeing up his time… But if Gary played with us for ever? I’m okay with that."

Well, Holt is not interested in joining SLAYER full time. Here is what he had to say about this during an interview with Metal Titans:

"Not if it meant the end of what I’ve been doing my whole life. If I could manage both, you know… But I’ve been filling in for just over two years now and I’m booked all year with them. But I’m just keeping the work going with Exodus and I’ve been doing a lot of riff writing on tour. And on the summer [run] with Slayer, I’m taking a little portable, digital recording rig with me so I can continue working on [new Exodus] stuff in hotel rooms and shit."

It is great to hear that Holt still has his musical heart in EXODUS and that he is not going to ditch SLAYER when they need him. That is what we call PROFESSIONAL! Also, who doesn't want to receive a double paycheck? Here is the entire interview:



Related links:
Slayer's official site
Exodus' official site 

No comments: